Gov. declares skiing, snowboarding Utah's official winter sports | Sports & Recreation
Governor Herbert officially declared skiing and snowboarding as Utah's official winter sports.
A signing ceremony was conducted Friday at Ski Utah's local media day celebration at Solitude Mountain Resort. The bill designates the winter sports as symbols of Utah and honors their contribution to the state's quality of life and economy.
"The ski and snowboarding industry has contributed 20 thousand jobs to our state economy. 25 percdent of Utahns have skied and 23 percent have skiers or snowboarders in their household," said Herbert.
Top Wasatch Back - Park City / Summit Park / Heber Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Proposed budget includes property tax increase for SLC
- Is tomorrow the beginning of the end for Utah Attorney General John Swallow?
- New poll shows majority of Utah voters want AG John Swallow to resign
- Program for Utah kids with autism accepting applications
- SLC landmark shorted out ‘Back to the Future’ style